Piano lessons from experienced musician, pianist & teacher – for adults and older children, at my home in Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich, Norfolk NR7.
- I motivate and inspire pupils to achieve the best results
- Lessons are relaxed and informal
- Adult pupils very welcome, with teaching geared around their needs, and busy lives
- A varied mix of classical and jazz pieces
- Theory and basic harmony taught as required
- Associated Board exams optional
- Pupils are encouraged to take responsibility for their own progress
- Improvisation a speciality
- All pupils have access to my teaching pieces
- Lessons given on my Yamaha C3 grand or Welmar Regency upright
- I was last DRB checked in November 2019 by a church
Fees Sept 2021 onwards: £18 per half hour, £27 per 45 minutes, £36 per hour.
Free trial lesson offered!
Need a piano tuner or piano mover in Norwich, Norfolk or Suffolk? I recommend Dave Johnson. Ring him on 07825 867921.
Richard: “Amazed by the improvement to my playing, understanding and enjoyment under Jo’s skilful and encouraging teaching. Wife and cats no longer flee the house when I play. Encouraging, useful, understandable and often hilarious guidance on all aspects, including practicing. Best teacher I have yet found, strongly recommended.”
Jill: “I started to learn to play the piano in retirement. Jo has been an entertaining and encouraging piano teacher. Every lesson is varied, full of useful advice, and always tailored to my development needs. Most of all, lessons are fun!”
Peter: “Thank you for the great years of lessons, they have helped me find a new dimension in my life, through the piano.” (Peter had 10 years with me from the age of 5. You can hear him playing more recently here)
Matthew: “What a journey its been! A decade of my life.. Without you I would not have discovered this passion for music.” (He was awarded a First Class Music Degree and is now an opera singer.)
Ariana: ” From never even touching a piano to Grade 8, an achievement I am very proud of, and want to thank you for! I have had so much fun and you were well worth getting up for on a Saturday morning. You’re a fantabulous teacher and have been so patient with me! I hope to be playing the piano for the rest of my days!“
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO START?
- A piano (or at least a clavinova type instrument with full-size weighted keys).
- A keyboard with flimsy light-weight keys is OK only for the first few months
- Time to practice without distraction
- Motivation and enthusiasm
- A love of music is helpful
NB. Please note that I only teach from home, and have four cats.
- Contact me for further info on 01603 960171 or fill in the form below for a free trial lesson
- Please also read my home page so you know a bit more about me