Piano lessons from experienced teacher – for adults, at my home in Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich NR7.
PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT CURRENTLY TAKING CHILDREN UNLESS ADVANCED
- I motivate and inspire pupils to achieve the best results
- We also have a lot of fun along the way!
- My aim is that young pupils will still be playing when they have children of their own
- I teach children from Grade 3 or so, and adults, whether beginners or those returning to the piano
- Adult pupils very welcome, with teaching geared around their needs, and busy lives
- A varied mix of classical and jazz pieces
- Theory and basic harmony taught as required
- Associated Board exams optional
- Improvisation a speciality
- All pupils have access to my teaching pieces
- I was last DRB checked in November 2019 by a church
Parents need to be supportive, to encourage regular practice, and to give feedback from time to time, so that any small issues can be addressed.
Fees Sept 2021 onwards: £18 per half hour, £27 per 45 minutes, £36 per hour. Free trial lesson offered
Richard: “Amazed by the improvement to my playing, understanding and enjoyment under Jo’s skilful and encouraging teaching. Wife and cats no longer flee the house when I play. Encouraging, useful, understandable and often hilarious guidance on all aspects, including practicing. Best teacher I have yet found, strongly recommended.”
Jill: “I started to learn to play the piano in retirement. Jo has been an entertaining and encouraging piano teacher. Every lesson is varied, full of useful advice, and always tailored to my development needs. Most of all, lessons are fun!”
Peter: “Thank you for the great years of lessons, they have helped me find a new dimension in my life, through the piano.” (Peter had 10 years with me from the age of 5. You can hear him playing more recently here)
Matthew: “What a journey its been! A decade of my life.. Without you I would not have discovered this passion for music.” (He was awarded a First Class Music Degree and is now an opera singer.)
Ariana: ” From never even touching a piano to Grade 8, an achievement I am very proud of, and want to thank you for! I have had so much fun and you were well worth getting up for on a Saturday morning. You’re a fantabulous teacher and have been so patient with me! I hope to be playing the piano for the rest of my days!“
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO START?
- A piano (or at least a clavinova type instrument with full-size weighted keys).
- A keyboard with flimsy light-weight keys is OK only for the first few months
- Time to practice without distraction
- Motivation and enthusiasm
- A love of music is helpful
NB. Please note that I only teach from home, and have three cats.
- Contact me for further info on 01603 960171 or fill in the form below for a free trial lesson
- Please also read my home page so you know a bit more about me